The European Business Aviation Association (EBAA), the leading Association for Business Aviation in Europe, represents the interests of close to 750 Business Aviation Companies operating a combined fleet of more than 1,000 aircraft.
EBAA endeavours to promote Business Aviation as a key component of air transport, serving the European economy and the society.
EBAA was founded in 1977 to defend the interests of business aviation and provides value to its members and society by promoting best practices in safety and environmental sustainability, efficient and proportionate rule-making and increased connectivity within Europe. For more information, visit www.ebaa.org.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Representing the EBAA in various working groups, including the Stakeholder Advisory Board and its committees at EASA and with National Authorities;
- Advocating as the primary liaison for EASA to ensure that EASA’s long-term strategy, the European Plan for Aviation Safety (EPAS), incorporates the specific needs of Business Aviation;
- Establishing effective communication and collaboration with members, stakeholders and other associations within the EASA framework to ensure comprehensive representation of Business Aviation;
- Monitoring and contributing to EASA rule-making and technical developments that impact business aviation, such as FTL, Runway Performance, and Flight Crew Licensing;
- Analysing and assessing the practical implications of European and international safety rule-making for Business Aviation stakeholders;
- Participating in aviation safety activities at European and international institutions, particularly those affecting Business Aviation;
- Steering the development of the association’s safety policy in collaboration with association members and regulators, under the aegis of the Safety Committee;
- Guiding the development of EBAA’s Safety Strategy together with the Safety Committee;
- Managing a direct report (currently one) and a broader Safety Community;
- Promoting the International Standard for Business Aviation Operations (IS-BAO) and cultivating a safety culture among European Business Aviation Stakeholders;
- Managing safety-related trainings and organizing safety conferences and workshops;
- Developing tools to facilitate the collection of safety data across Business Aviation;
- Assessing the safety implications of new technologies;
- Supporting EBAA members on other safety issues as they arise;
- Leading EBAA Secretariat safety training and protocols.
The successful candidate (full or part time subject to the right candidate) will demonstrate:
- Proven experience as a special interest representative, adept at representing and advocating to multiple stakeholders;
- Previous experience in Business Aviation operations or flying experience is desirable;
- Technical expertise on the matters outlined in the job description;
- Excellent written and spoken English. Knowledge of other EU languages is desirable;
- Flexibility, with a sense of initiative, service, and responsibility. Ability to work independently as well as within a team;
- Willingness and ability to travel in Europe and beyond.
If you believe you are the ideal candidate for this position, please send your application (CV with a cover letter) before November 20th, 2023 to email@example.com; subject: Safety and Regulatory Affairs Manager – Part Time or Full time. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are confident that you will understand that in consideration of the large number of applications that we anticipate, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.