We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented person to assist in our Global team.
12 November 2023
Background on SolarPower Europe and the Solar Stewardship Initiative (SSI)
SolarPower Europe is a member-led association representing the European solar PV sector. SolarPower Europe’s aim is to ensure that more energy is generated by solar than any other energy source by 2030 and lead our members to make solar the core of a smart, sustainable and inclusive energy system. We are an award-winning association and have over 300 members spanning more than 40 countries. We aim to support the scale-up of solar energy globally through engaging with policymakers in Europe and emerging markets to reduce the barriers to solar deployment and international cooperation projects.
The Solar Stewardship Initiative (SSI), launched by SolarPower Europe and Solar Energy UK (SEUK), is a solar-specific supply chain assurance scheme, working to further develop confidence in how, where, and by whom, solar products are manufactured. In October 2023, the SSI ESG Standard, the first supply chain ESG Standard tailored to the needs of the solar PV sector, was published. The SSI ESG Standard will be complemented by the SSI Supply Chain Traceability Standard in 2024. More information is available on the SSI website at www.solarstewardshipinitiative.org
We offer a dynamic working environment within a close-knit and multicultural team in Brussels. This position is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual to work in a continuously evolving market and develop knowledge of solar PV, ESG and corporate responsibility while strengthening communication and business development skills.
Reporting to the Head of the SSI Secretariat, the Intern will support the work of the SSI Secretariat. The responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Supporting the SSI Secretariat with onboarding new members and assisting current ones.
- Supporting the SSI’s communication and marketing activities, including social media and website coordination, including the drafting of communication content for the SSI website or SSI newsletter(s).
- Supporting the organisation of SSI events and webinars.
- Supporting the organisation of, and participating in, SSI working groups, board meetings and stakeholder advisory group meetings
- Supporting the SSI Secretariat in its advocacy activities with respect to the SSI market uptake and recognition in legislation
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from SSI workstream and Board meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials and speaking notes for meetings.
- Supporting the development of the SSI Supply Chain Traceability Standard.
- Creating, maintaining, and extending a strong network in the field of ESG and corporate responsibility and renewable energy.
- Performing any other tasks or duties required as applicable, such providing organisational and logistical support to events, workshops and business trips.
The ideal candidate has the following professional profile:
- A passion for the energy transition and ESG and corporate sustainability and responsibility, and a diligent, results-oriented individual.
- A bachelor-level degree in a relevant discipline such as International Relations, Economics, Business Administration, Business and Human Rights, Political Science, Renewable Energy or similar.
- Interest in the solar sector and some technical knowledge on renewable energy policy and regulation as well as ESG and corporate sustainability and responsibility
- Demonstrated project management and coordination skills.
- Strong writing skills with flair and attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Confidence in using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Excellent approach to customer service.
- Good networking and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Chinese, is an asset.
- Experience of supporting event organisation is a plus.
- A 6-month ‘Convention d’Immersion Professionel’, or Internship contract. Possibility to renew for an additional 6 months.
- A standard monthly reimbursement for expenses of €1.000,
- Reimbursement for public transportation,
- Lunch vouchers of 8€ per day worked (with a participation of €1.09/voucher),
- Conditional on approval of the internship by Brussels Formation (SPE will manage the request)
- For students, a signed Convention de Stage (a tripartite agreement signed by SolarPower Europe, the intern and his/her university or college) is foreseen.
- Start date: January 2024
A CV (maximum 2 pages) and a one-page motivation letter should be sent to email@example.com until 12 November 2023 quoting “Solar Stewardship Initiative Intern 2024” in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information on SolarPower Europe, please visit www.solarpowereurope.org
For more information please open this link