CEPS (Centre for European Policy Studies), founded in Brussels in 1983, is a renowned think tank and
prominent platform for EU affairs debates. It consistently ranks among the top 10 think tanks globally.
What sets CEPS apart is its robust in-house research capabilities and an extensive network of partner
institutes worldwide. Funding for CEPS is derived from various sources, including research grants, public
procurement, membership fees, and conference fees.
We are pleased to announce that CEPS is currently seeking an intern to join our Communications Team
for a three-month period. Reporting to the Digital Communications Officer, the intern will play a vital role
in creating and designing communication materials, as well as assisting in the management of CEPS’ online
communication channels. This position presents an excellent opportunity to develop strong
communication and design skills within a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
The ideal starting date for the internship is September 2023, providing a valuable opportunity to
contribute to CEPS’ ongoing work and gain practical experience in the field of communications.
“Intern – Digital Communications”
As an intern in the Communications Team at CEPS, you will have the opportunity to contribute to various
tasks and projects that aim to enhance the organisation’s communication efforts. Your responsibilities
• Crafting Engaging Social Media Content: You will be responsible for drafting captivating and
informative content for CEPS’ social media channels, such as Twitter and LinkedIn. Your goal will be
to engage the audience and increase visibility for CEPS’ activities and research.
• Multimedia and Graphic Design: You will have the chance to create or edit multimedia materials,
including social media visuals, small infographics, and videos. Your creativity and design skills will help
in conveying messages effectively and visually.
• Website Content Development: You will assist in developing and updating the content of the CEPS
website, including native pages like the web-based Annual Report and Ideas Lab.
• Communication Campaigns and Newsletters: You will support the development and dissemination of
communication campaigns and newsletters. This will involve coordinating with different teams,
crafting compelling content, and managing the distribution of materials.
Your background and qualifications
• You are a registered student for the full period (September/October 2023 – December 2023),studying
political or social sciences, journalism, communication, marketing or equivalent.
• You are familiar with:
– Graphic design (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, or online tools like Canva),
– Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress),
Place du Congrès 1, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium •www.ceps.eu • Tel: 32 (0)2 229 39 11 • VAT: BE 0424.123.986
– Social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook),
– Video production/editing software (e.g. Adobe Premiere).
• You have an excellent command of English.
• You are interested in European affairs, policymaking and research.
• You have a keen eye for design aesthetics and can create visually appealing and engaging
• You have the ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple tasks, ensuring timely delivery
• You are enthusiastic about communication and outreach activities, and you approach them with a
result-driven mindset, striving to achieve meaningful impact.
• You have a genuine eagernessto learn and grow in the field of communications. Your creative thinking
allows you to bring innovative ideas to the table.
• You are comfortable working in an international research team, collaborating effectively with
colleagues. Additionally, you can work independently, taking ownership of tasks and delivering quality
What CEPS can offer
We offer a full-time internship opportunity for a duration of 3 months, starting in September 2023. The
selected candidate will receive expense reimbursement up to 750 EUR/month upon submission of
justifying documents during the internship. Join our team and gain valuable experience in a dynamic and
Further information about the position can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org .
Application and deadline
To apply, please submit your application,which should include a letter of motivation (maximum one page)
and a CV, both in English. For the CV, kindly use the Europass template available at:
Please email your complete application to email@example.com no laterthan 23 June 2023. We kindly request
that you use the following subject line for your email: “Intern 2023 – Digital Communications”. Early
applications are encouraged as we will begin reviewing submissions as they are received
For more information please open this link