17th edition of FWIS Maghreb 2023
The L’Oréal-UNESCO Young Talents for Women in Science program is committed to supporting the involvement of young women in scientific research. This program identifies and rewards brilliant young women researchers in life and environmental sciences, material sciences, mathematics, computer and information sciences, engineering sciences and technology. To date, more than 60 endowments have been awarded to young Maghrebi doctoral and post-doctoral students – for the excellence of their academic level, the originality of their scientific project, but also their desire to transmit their passion to the young.
To apply for this program, you must be logged in to your account. If, once logged in, you cannot access the form, please refer to the “How to apply to a program” section of the FAQ.
The L’Oréal-UNESCO Young Talents for Women in Science program aims to promote and support the involvement of young women in scientific research. This program identifies and rewards talented young women researchers in life and environmental sciences, material sciences, mathematics, computer and information sciences, engineering and technology sciences.
Since its creation, more than 60 endowments have been awarded to young women researchers for the quality of their research work.
For this 17th edition, 5 endowments will be awarded to encourage young female researchers currently in doctoral or post-doctoral studies to pursue a brilliant scientific career.
– The awarded doctoral candidates will each receive an endowment of 10 000 €. The doctoral candidates must be enrolled in a doctoral school and in a research laboratory in one of the following countries Morocco Algeria Tunisia or Libya and have started their doctorate no later than December 2021 (i.e. at least be registered in the 2nd year of their thesis) and not yet have defended their thesis at the date of the opening of the call for applications,
in February 2023.
– The post-doctoral candidates awarded will each receive an endowment in the amount of €10,000 too. They must work in a laboratory or research institute in the same countries mentioned above, have defended their thesis after January 2018 and started their post-doctorate before the opening date of the call for applications, in February 2023.
The endowments of the L’Oréal-UNESCO Young Maghreb Talents for Women in Science program will be awarded by the L’Oréal Foundation and are part of a partnership with UNESCO.
10,000 euros each
5 prizes in total
10 000 euros
- Be enrolled in at least the second year of a doctoral program (female doctoral candidates),
- Be in post-doctoral studies and have defended their thesis before the call for applications (post-doctoral candidates),
- To carry out her research work in the following countries Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia or Libya, in the fields of life sciences, environment and earth sciences, mathematics, computer and information sciences…
- Not to have a permanent position before the reception of the Prize.
- Scientific excellence of the research work
- Quality of the application