The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung European Union office is welcoming applications for the position “Head of Programme – European Energy Transition” to be filled as soon as possible. The deadline for applications is extended to Wednesday, 31 May 2023, 23:59 CEST.
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung is a German political foundation affiliated with the German Green Party (Alliance 90/The Greens). Its primary task is political education and advocacy in Germany and abroad. Our main tenets are ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, non-violence and justice. In our work, we place particular emphasis on gender democracy, equal rights for minorities and the political and social participation of migrants.
Our namesake, the writer and Nobel Prize laureate Heinrich Böll, personifies the fundamental principles we stand for: defence of freedom and human dignity, civic courage, open debate and the acknowledgement of art and culture as independent spheres of thought and action. As a think tank for green visions and ideas, we are part of an international network with 33 offices worldwide and with partner projects in more than 60 countries.
The Head of Programme will be responsible to design and implement the programme activities. Specifically:
- Plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate the European Energy Transition Programme in close cooperation with the office Director
- Maintain and develop the network of relevant actors in the frame of the programme (including European and German institutions, international organisations and relevant civil society actors, academia)
- Conducting and/or commissioning policy analysis, research and briefings
- Draft concepts for and organise events, conferences, workshops and visiting programmes
- Maintain and develop liaisons in the framework of the programme with the headquarters in Berlin and international offices of the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung
- Manage funds in consultation with the office Director, and in close cooperation with the Financial Manager, including budget planning, expense monitoring, project evaluation and reporting to our funders
- Assume principal responsibility for the programme reporting, including regular updates, preparation of reports, and other information
- University degree in a field relevant for this programme
- Minimum 3 years of work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of and working experience with European and international institutions
- Oral and written fluency in English, a good command of German and/or French is of advantage
- Proven excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Strong organisational and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Experience in the management of publicly funded projects
- Ability to work independently, creatively and responsibly in an international team
- Ability to organise work assignments, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Gender and diversity awareness
- A genuine interest in the values and mission of the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung
The job location is Brussels, Belgium. This is a full-time position (37 hours/week). Occasional international travel is required.
Please send your CV and motivation letter by e-mail to Anna.Mes@eu.boell.org
The deadline for applications is extended to Wednesday, 31 May 2023, 23:59 CEST.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information please open this link