POLICY ADVISER: POWER AND EMISSIONS MARKETS
The successful candidate will work on a full-time basis in the Europex Secretariat in Brussels. She/he will directly report to the Secretary General and mainly support the Power & Environmental Markets Working Groups of the Association.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Providing support to the Power and Environmental Markets Working Groups of the Association;
- Monitoring and reporting on EU policy developments in relevant files (electricity market design review, energy crisis legislation, bidding zone review, Fit for 55 legislation, incl. EU ETS, GOs, RED, etc.);
- Coordinating and assisting advocacy efforts towards the European institutions, ACER, relevant ministries and national regulatory authorities, etc.;
- Drafting of position papers, consultation responses, presentations, speaking points;
- Planning and execution of external policy events;
- Supporting internal events, including Board and General Assembly meetings;
- Building and maintaining relationships with EU institutional actors and the other relevant associations and stakeholders; and
- Attendance of technical workshops and other events.
PROFILE OF THE CANDIDATE
- Completed higher education in a relevant field (energy, finance, economics, European studies, political science, etc.);
- Previous work experience of at least five years in EU affairs, preferably with detailed knowledge of electricity / energy & environmental markets as well as energy trading;
- Advanced knowledge of the functioning of the European institutions;
- Strong drafting skills and an excellent command of English. Other languages are a plus;
- Clear interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with a variety of external stakeholders;
- Ability to adjust technical content to different target groups;
- Independent work style and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural professional environment;
- Advanced end user IT skills.
- Full-time one-year contract with the option to extend and the opportunity to work in an international association in a highly dynamic policy environment;
- A varied role with the opportunity to take on more responsibility over time;
- A chance to work at the cutting edge of energy & environmental policy;
- The financial compensation will be commensurate with the qualifications and skills of the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
We only accept online applications. Please send a cover letter and your CV by Friday, 10 March 2022 to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information please open this link
How to Stop Missing Deadlines? Follow our Facebook Page and Twitter !-Jobs, internships, scholarships, Conferences, Trainings are published every day!