We are looking for a European Affairs Adviser (32- 40 hours a week) for our Brussels office.
You are an enthusiastic and convinced European eager to represent Dutch pension system in Brussels. You already have experience with European policy-making and working with people from different nationalities and political backgrounds. You are fluent in Dutch and English, proficiency in other European languages is welcomed.
We are looking for an Adviser European Affairs, based in Brussels, to cooperate with the Head of the Brussels Office on our advocacy with the European institutions and in our endeavour to promote occupational pensions. You are eager to coordinate policy formulation with members, provide technical input to consultations, liaise with our European trade associations, support the membership with implementation of European regulation and participate in European and national meetings.
This is an exciting opportunity for a team player with around 3 to 5 years of working experience in (EU) advocacy, with experience in financial market regulation or within the EU institutions being considered an advantage. You possess the diplomatic and analytical skills needed to influence the European pensions agenda. You are keen to contribute to societally relevant policy debates around the question of how to ensure sufficient retirement income in an aging society.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Representing the interests of the Dutch pension sector with the European institutions.
- Building and maintaining contacts with European Commission officials, EIOPA staff, Members of the European Parliament, their assistants and national civil servants at the Permanent Representation and relevant ministries.
- Working together with members and experts to formulate policy positions.
- Representing the Federation of the Dutch Pension Funds within our European trade associations.
- Advising the Board of the Federation of the Dutch Pension Funds, the Managing Director and the colleagues in the The Hague office on European topics.
- Briefing the membership about relevant European developments.
- Supporting the membership with implementation of European regulation.
Competences and experience
- University degree (politics, law, economics, finance or similar)
- 3-5 years working experience
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Willing to be based in Brussels
- Strong diplomatic and analytical skills, as well as political awareness
- Motivated to work for a member driven organisation
- Experience with relevant policy areas (pensions, insurance, financial markets) or experience within the EU institutions is considered an advantage
Pensioenfederatie (Federation of the Dutch Pension Funds)
Dutch pension funds are not-for-profit institutions operating on the financial markets, established by social partners to manage pension contributions on behalf of employees. Together with our 198 pension fund members, the Federation of the Dutch Pension Funds (Pensioenfederatie) promotes the pension interests of millions of Dutch citizens. About 85% of the total number of Dutch employees is participant of a pension fund which is associated with the Pensioenfederatie. The members of the Federation have around 1700 billion euros of assets under management.
Send your CV and cover letter to Matthies Verstegen (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5 March 2022.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
For more information please open this link