We are pleased to announce that the 2021 ProSPER.Net Leadership Programme will be held from 14th – 24th September, 2021, in a virtual format, hosted by UNU-IAS and Social Innovation Japan. The theme of this year’s Leadership Programme is ‘Climate Change: Global issues, local actions and transdisciplinary solutions’.
The ProSPER.Net Leadership Programme is an opportunity to bring young professionals and emerging leaders in academia, the public sector, the business community, and civil society together to explore how education and training can be used across sectors to foster more sustainable societies in the Asia-Pacific region.
The climate crisis remains one of the most pressing threats facing communities around the globe as global average temperatures continue to rise, storms intensify, sea levels rise, and precipitation patterns become more unpredictable. Responding to climate change, often in tandem with other areas of sustainable development, requires leadership that is able to address different yet interconnected challenges.
This year’s Leadership Programme, held in an exciting new format online, will offer participants the opportunity to build skills to view the climate crisis from a holistic lens of sustainable development and to explore interdisciplinary solutions within the context of their local communities. It aims to seize the momentum of the ‘build back better’ initiatives that have emerged from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Young professionals and emerging leaders from the public, private, and non-governmental organisation sector who are actively engaged in climate action at various levels are encouraged to apply – this programme is designed for the express purpose of incorporating sustainable development planning into leadership training, and can be applied within any number of spheres, from city government and finance, to education and non-profit work.
Selected participants will attend a 5-day online training programme consisting of lectures and workshops on a variety of topics related to responding to climate change covering policies, practice and theories, while tackling other issues within sustainable development within community contexts. Participants will be given an opportunity to interact with both facilitators and each other throughout these sessions, giving them space to reflect on their current practice, the issues discussed and how they pertain to their own organisations and work programmes.
Dates: 14th-17th September (inclusive) and 24th September, 2021 (5 days in total)
Location: Online, using the Zoom platform (participants are requested to ensure they have access to Zoom and a stable internet connection before applying).
Fee: There is no participation cost
Participants will be selected on the basis of a written application, according to the following criteria:
- Young professionals and emerging leaders from academic, public, private, and civil society sectors working in the Asia-Pacific region, including affiliation to a ProSPER.Net member university and YRS Alumni, aged 35 or under as of the application deadline
- High proficiency in written and spoken English language
- An advanced understanding of sustainability and climate change and its relevance to his/her own work
- Demonstrated leadership ability to work in a team environment and contribute to climate actions
How to apply:
- Download the application form
- Send your completed application form to email@example.com with a CV and a recommendation letter from a direct supervisor
Application deadline: 11:59pm, Saturday 31 July, 2021 (Japan Standard Time) (extended)
- 2021 ProSPER.Net Leadership Programme – Application Form
- 2021 ProSPER.Net Leadership Programme – Tentative Programme
For more information please open this link