Ocean Energy Europe is the trade association for ocean energy in Europe. Our goal is to unite the key industry players behind a common strategy to commercialise the ocean energy sector and generate clean, secure renewable energy from Europe’s seas.
The Project Communications Coordinator will lead the communications and project management tasks on a number of EU-funded projects in which Ocean Energy Europe is a partner. The role will entail a significant amount of copywriting and editing, so a very high standard of written English is required.
This position reports to the Communications & Events Director. You will be part of a dynamic team who has put ocean energy, a nascent sector, on the European map.
Project communication & dissemination
Public project deliverables
- – ‘Translate’ project results into accessible summaries
- – Communicate public deliverables and key results via the project channels
- – Coordinate broader dissemination of results with project partners
- – Organise webinars
- – Organise project workshops/seminars
- – Coordinate project participation in external events – presentations, stands, side events, often jointly with other EU-funded projects
Website & social media
- – Draft copy and prepare graphics for social media posts and website updates
- – Maximise social media followers via engagements, ad campaigns etc.
- – Maintain websites, including liaison with web developers
Media & newsletters
- – Draft and send press releases
- – Secure articles/interviews relating to projects in relevant publications
- – Draft and send newsletters, manage mailing lists
Publications & videos
- – Compile and draft content for project publications (leaflets, end-of-project summary brochures etc.), manage design process with external designer
- – Coordinate video production for basic ‘explainer’ and/or project showcase videos
Coordination and monitoring
- – Coordination with project partners to ensure delivery of other tasks within work packages
- – Analytics of website, social media, newsletters
- – Compiling dissemination data including activities of project partners
- – Timesheet updates and budget tracking
- – Submission of reports to EC (financial, resource use, comms metrics)
- – Prepare and present at project meetings
Other supporting tasks
- – Managing invitations for high-level meetings and events with external stakeholders
- – Support with reporting to OEE Board meeting
- – Data requests and follow-up to update statistics database
- – Assist the OEE team in other relevant project, communications or events tasks
- – University degree in relevant field (communications, event management, project management…).
- – Mandatory: Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role, ideally in an international environment
- – Mandatory: Excellent written English – native speaker or equivalent
- – Asset: Experience in EU-funded projects
- – Asset: Working knowledge of other European languages
- – Well-organised, able to prioritise and work to deadlines
- – Stress-resistant and solution-oriented, with great attention to detail
- – Able to work as part of a team, including external partners
- – Open and positive personality
- – Able to travel when required
- – An interest in renewable energy/ environmental issues is desirable
Ocean Energy Europe offers an attractive salary and benefits package.
- – 2-year fixed term contract (possibility of extension depending on projects portfolio)
- – Based in Brussels at OEE offices*
- – Teleworking policy allows for some working from home on a weekly basis*
How to apply
To apply, send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject “Project Communications Coordinator application” by 2 August 2021. First-round interviews are expected to take place in August via video call. Please note that due to resource limitations, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*OEE is following current government advice on COVID-19, and until further notice, all staff are working from home full-time.
For more information please open this link