EU Partnership Manager – Maternity Cover
RMI · Brussels, Brussels
Closing date: Friday, 4th June 2021
Job location: Brussels or London
Salary: From €61,774 gross, per annum based on experience
Contract type: Fixed Term – Maternity Cover 12 months
ActionAid International are looking for an EU Partnership Manager to join their team in Brussels for a 12 month maternity cover.
The EU Partnership Manager leads our work to grow and manage institutional income from EU Development Cooperation. The EU Partnership Manager will act and represent on behalf of ActionAid in strengthening our positioning, relationships and strategic engagement with the EU to increase income and influence for ActionAid development programmes. This includes EU funding and engagement strategy development and implementation, external representation and relationship management, new business development, donor account management, oversight of the EU grant portfolio, coordination of our EU fundraising approach across the federation, and strengthening people skills in EU fundraising, donor relations and grant management.
Who we’re looking for
- Significant proven senior-level experience in an EU institutional funding role
- Demonstrated experience of raising significant funds from the EU
- Strong working knowledge, experience and track record of success with EU INTPA
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of EU funding policies, regulations, programming and grant management requirements
- Proven experience of leading on an organisational funding strategy for an institutional donor
- Demonstrable experience of creating relationships and networks with a donor like EU INTPA
- Ability to analyse the donor environment and identify the trends, anticipate changes, be comfortable with lack of clarity and deal with a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable way
- Demonstrated experience of building the capacity of others on working with institutional donors, including designing and coordinating successful trainings, peer to peer support, coaching and mentoring programmes
- The ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organisation, and to spot and create opportunities to influence the donor effectively
- Ability to effectively empower and enable others to deliver federation goals
- Ready to be held to account, and ability to hold others to account in a consistent and respectful manner
- Fluent in English and a second language would be an advantage, particularly French, Spanish or Portuguese
- Ability to work in a multicultural context/environment and building relationships of trust with colleagues from different countries, engage in social justice activism/advocacy and demonstrate innovative practices
- A strong commitment to develop, promote and practice AAI’s vision, mission, values, and strategy
If you have the expertise and management skills to make a significant difference to our organisation and have the right to work in the European Union, we would be delighted to hear from you.
What we offer
ActionAid is committed to providing a welcoming, supportive workplace where we recognise a job well done. Offering a fair compensation package and a flexible working environment. At ActionAid, you can look forward to
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- A workplace that embraces intersectional feminist principles
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Over 4 weeks holiday a year
How to apply
Please click on the “apply” button to start the application process. Please upload an up-to-date CV and a covering letter, clearly explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. To be considered for this role, you must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in London or Brussels at the time of appointment.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be shortlisted- usually within 2 weeks of the closing date.
ActionAid is a global federation working for a world free from poverty and injustice. We want to see a just, fair and sustainable world, in which everybody enjoys the right to a life of dignity, and freedom from poverty and oppression. We work to achieve social justice and gender equality, and to eradicate poverty. All our work is underpinned by a set of feminist leadership principles:
Self-awareness, Self-care and caring for others, Dismantling bias, Inclusion, Sharing power, Responsible & transparent use of power, Accountable collaboration, Respectful feedback, Courage and Zero tolerance against discrimination and abuse of power.
Our commitment to safeguarding
ActionAid is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are also committed to preventing and responding to any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk, whether carried out by staff/representatives or resulting from our work. ActionAid expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Candidates will require the right to work in the job location at the time of appointment.
For more information please open this link