About us: CEJA (the European Council of Young Farmers) is the voice of Europe’s next generation of farmers to the European institutions. Acting as a forum for communication between young farmers and European decision-makers, CEJA’s main objective is to promote a younger and more innovative agricultural sector across the EU-27 and to create good working and living conditions for young people setting up in farming and those who are already young farmers. Our membership spans across 24 countries and 33 national members organisations.
Who we’re looking for: Secretary General (full-time position based in Brussels)
Responsibilities and tasks: The Secretary General is at the head of the CEJA Secretariat. He/she reports to the Board. He/she coordinates and directs the work of the other CEJA employees.
The Secretary General’s tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Being in charge for the implementation of the organisations strategy and activity plans within the agreed budget and for reporting back to the board and members;
- Being responsible for the staff and ensuring the optimal functioning of the Secretariat;
- Working together with the President in the execution of his or her tasks and supporting the Board with the fulfilment of their mandate;
- Organising CEJA meetings and events under the responsibility of the Board and in collaboration with the staff;
- Maintaining and ensuring regular contact with member organisations;
- Is entrusted with keeping the accounts and looking after the accounting system in general;
- Continuously supervising and striving to improve CEJA’s financial situation as well as closely monitoring the overall management of the organisation;
- Dealing with all administrative tasks related to the staff.
Candidates must embody the key values of CEJA and be driven by its mission. They will need to demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- Higher education qualifications
- At least 4 years of experience
- Passion, experience and knowledge of membership-based organisations
- Proven leadership capacities and pro-active management
- Experience of advocacy toward EU institutions and other stakeholder
- Experience in budget management
- Ability to inspire and articulate strategies and manage their implementation
- Good communicator as well as listener to other people’s views and opinions
- Excellent written and spoken English and French. Other languages are an asset
- Possess and manifest integrity and personal accountability
- Knowledge of agricultural matters
Candidates to this position should be willing to travel and work flexible hours including if required occasional weekends.
Candidates must have the right to work in Belgium and should be resident and living in Belgium.
Send your CV in English with a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Secretary General application” and your name in the subject line by the 07 March 2022 (COB).
Interviews will take place online from the 14 till the 20 of March. A second round of interviews for the final shortlist of candidates, will take place in Brussels on the 28 March (morning) and on the 30 March (afternoon).
Please note that only complete applications will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
We offer determinate contract of 1 year with the possibility to renew it after a positive assessment , full time (38 hours per week) and a salary of 4.200 (monthly gross). Hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers, and other benefits are offered. Start date: April/May 2022
For more information please open this link