Coordinator – User Administration and Corporate Secretariat
User Administration & Corporate Secretariat (ACS)
EBA CLEARING is a provider of pan-European payment infrastructure solutions. Founded in 1998, the Company is owned by 48 of the major banks operating in Europe and based on a country-neutral governance model. The payment systems of EBA CLEARING are pan-European by design and desire: they are developed in close co-operation with the Company’s multinational user community and best-of-breed technology partners.
EBA CLEARING manages and operates the payment services EURO1, STEP1, STEP2, RT1 and R2P. Both EURO1 and STEP2-T have been classified as systemically important payment systems (SIPS) by the European Central Bank. The pan-European real-time payment platform RT1 went live in November 2017 and processes euro instant payments complying with the European Payments Council’s SEPA Instant Credit Transfer (SCT Inst) rulebook.
The ACS Unit (User Administration and Corporate Secretariat) provides corporate secretariat services for EBA CLEARING, PRETA, and the Euro Banking Association (EBA) and is also responsible for user administration for the payment services operated by EBA CLEARING.
We are looking for a pro-active, co-operative and communicative co-ordinator who could join the ACS Unit with immediate effect.
You will be trained by the ACS Managers in charge of user administration, and you will assist them in their daily tasks under the supervision of the Head of ACS Unit.
You will be in contact with other EBA CLEARING units, especially with Operations Unit, Service Development and Management Unit, and Application Development and Support Unit. You will also spend several days within Operations in order to get an insight into the daily functioning of the various systems and services operated by EBA CLEARING.
Your main tasks within the ACS Unit will be related to the user administration for STEP2, RT1, and R2P services and will include:
- to provide the payment service providers applying for participation in the services with the relevant technical and, when required, legal documentation and assist the existing participants with their status change
- to follow up with the participants for responses to queries and requests for data, forms, delegations of powers and any further documentation which may be required from time to time from the participants in relation to their participation in the various services operated by EBA CLEARING
- to collect, validate and archive the documentation received from participants in relation to their participation in the different systems and services
- to collate and sort data received from the applicant participants and from the existing participants
- to assist the participants in their internal contact list update through EBA CLEARING Portal
- to provide assistance in maintaining, checking and updating, where necessary, the different databases listing the participants in the various systems and services operated by EBA CLEARING and especially the STEP2, RT1 and R2P routing tables
- to participate in the constant reassessment process with a view to simplifying the current joining procedures and requirements in terms of technical and legal documentation for participating in the various systems and services operated by EBA CLEARING
- a professional, disciplined, efficient and accurate approach is necessary to ensure that the right documents are distributed at the appropriate times and they are correctly completed by the participants in due time and that proper records are maintained within EBA CLEARING.
The successful candidate will have:
- a university degree in business administration/law/political science/economics
- a minimum of 2-3 years of previous international work experience would be an asset
- excellent English skills, written and oral, for communication with internal and external counterparties, additional European languages (French, German) would be a plus
- a team player attitude
- a problem-solving approach with the ability to pay attention to detail
- a good command of the Office Suite especially Outlook and Excel
- a previous work experience in financial services / banking sector and a good understanding of the payment schemes would be a plus.
Before applying for this position, which is based in Brussels, please ensure that you are already authorised to work in the European Union.
- are interested in building a career in a challenging and international environment with enticing compensation and benefits
- want to work for a company that plays a key role in expanding pan-European payment infrastructures
- have the required qualifications and skills
please visit our career portal to submit your application including a curriculum vitae and motivation letter in English.
We look forward to hearing from you.